How to Help a Loved One Recover from an 18-Wheeler Accident in New Mexico
At the Law Office of Samuel I. Kane, P.A., our truck accident attorneys in Las Cruces know that in many cases, those who are injured in collisions with 18-wheelers have a long road to recovery, requiring medical care and time away from work that can span months or even years.
Often, many New Mexico semi-truck accident victims suffer such significant injuries that they may be hospitalized immediately after the collision, without any knowledge of what occurred.
When this happens, their family members are charged with making decisions about their medical care, finances, and overall well-being.
Our semi-truck accident attorneys in Las Cruces can help families make informed decisions about their loved one’s future, starting with a few actionable tips that can help build a successful personal injury claim to help pay for the extensive medical care, time away from work, and other expenses they have incurred after the collision.
What Actions Should I Take When My Loved One Was Injured in a New Mexico 18-Wheeler Accident?
Ensuring your loved one gets the medical care they need is the first step in their recovery.
If your loved one is hospitalized, and unable to make decisions on their own, consult with their physicians daily to ensure they are getting the care they need to make the best recovery possible for their unique injury needs.
This may include seeking a second opinion regarding surgeries and ongoing treatment plans, or discussing therapy and rehabilitation options, so they can pursue the quality of life they deserve.
Next, speak with a reliable and experienced truck accident attorney in Las Cruces.
Partnering with a skilled 18-wheeler lawyer will allow an investigation to begin immediately after the collision occurs, so evidence can be preserved right away to help build their case.
While the investigation is underway, our knowledgeable semi-truck accident attorney will also:
- Route all insurance company communication through our office, to protect the victim and the family from their intimidating questions
- Interview all witnesses from the scene of the crash, and take their official statements
- Review the accident report and discuss the crash scene with first responders
- Collect and review your loved one’s medical records
- Outline their complete recovery needs, including medical expenses, lost wages, and all other out-of-pocket costs associated with the crash
- Prepare claim forms and supporting documents to submit to the at-fault party’s insurance company
- Negotiate our client’s complete needs with the insurance
If you or a loved one have been hurt in a truck accident in New Mexico, contact our Dona Ana County lawyers at the Law Office of Samuel I. Kane by calling (575) 222-0472 to schedule a free consultation, so we can review your claim and begin building a strong case on your behalf today