Experienced Truck Accident Attorneys in Belen, New Mexico
At the Law Office of Samuel I. Kane P.A., our Belen, New Mexico truck accident attorneys are here to protect the rights of each of our 7,200 residents when they are involved in a vehicle collision with an 18-wheeler. Our Valencia County city shares its western boundary with the very busy Interstate 25, which sees considerable truck traffic from around the state and others nearby each day. And if they are hurt in a crash with one of these large trucks, our Belen truck accident lawyers want to help them recover.
Important Semi-Truck Statistics Everyone In The U.S. Should Know
Large trucks play an incredible role in our country’s economic stability, and the same is true for the city of Belen, New Mexico.
No matter how frequently drivers pass semi-trucks on our roads, the statistics reveal just how reliant our day to day lives are on these large vehicles and their drivers.
According to the U.S. Department of Transportation:
- 68% of all goods transported throughout the U.S. are delivered by semi-trucks
- Agriculture and building materials are the largest transported commodities
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration reports that:
- Semi-truck drivers collectively travel approximate 140 billion miles per year
- Single drivers accumulate an average of 45,000 miles each annually
- Long-haul truckers account for 100,000 miles each annually
- Semi-trucks comprise 15% of the commercial trucks in the U.S. but account for over 42% of all miles covered by these vehicles
The Federal Highway Administration adds that:
- Over 11 million semi-trucks are registered in the U.S.
- Semi-trucks transferred 14,547 million tons of freight last year, 73% of all cargo transported
- Semi-trucks can carry up to 80,000 pounds each
How Does Large-Truck Traffic Affect Travel Patterns In The U.S.?
While we rely on these large vehicles to keep commerce on track, they can become dangerous when negligence plays a role in their movements.
Truck drivers, trucking companies, and even the manufacturers and maintenance crews can contribute to reckless actions — and inactions — that place all other drivers in danger.
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety:
- 75% of deaths in large-truck accidents were crashes involving a tractor-trailer
- 25% of deaths in large-truck accidents were crashes where the driver was in a single-unit truck, without a trailer
- Injury, death, and property damage of truck accidents account for $112 billion in losses annually
Understanding the Injuries Sustained in Large-Truck Accidents
Injuries sustained in large-truck accidents in Belen, New Mexico is different and typically more severe than those that occur in smaller vehicle crashes.
When an accident occurs, the injuries can be devastating, and can include:
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries and bleeding
- Loss of limbs
- Loss of mobility
- Neck and spinal injuries
- Partial or full paralysis
- Rib and torso injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Wrongful death
If you have been injured in a truck accident, your injuries are going to be unique. The type of care you require, the time away from work, and the overall expenses associated with your truck accident will be outlined fully by our Belen truck accident attorneys, so you can focus on your physical recovery while we concentrate on building your case.
Partnering With Accident Professionals Who Can Strengthen Your Case?
At the Law Office of Samuel I. Kane P.A., our truck accident attorneys in Belen are dedicated to providing the experience our clients need to succeed inside and outside the courtroom.
We are skilled legal professionals who partner with other industry leaders who can build a strong case, including accident reconstructionists, physicians, and life-planning specialists who allow us to assess the overall scope of your needs.
This includes outlining your financial needs, from accident to full recovery, so you are never left paying for your injuries out of your pocket.
Contact Our Belen Truck Accident Attorney Today For A Free Consultation
The Belen, New Mexico truck accident lawyers at the Law Office of Samuel I. Kane P.A. provide free consultations that allow prospective clients to understand exactly what is involved in pursuing the negligent party who caused their injuries and are available now by calling (575) 222-0472.