Truck Driver Fatigue Accident Attorney in Las Cruces, New Mexico
At The Law Office of Samuel I. Kane P.A., our Las Cruces, New Mexico truck driver fatigue accident attorney knows that driver fatigue plays a large role in these catastrophic crashes, and we work tirelessly to hold the truck driver responsible for their negligent behavior by seeking the financial outcome our clients deserve.
Our Las Cruces truck driver fatigue accident lawyer in Doña Ana County investigates each our of client’s cases personally, so we know the details of the crash, the recklessness involved, the injured person’s medical requirements, and the specific ongoing care they require to move forward with their lives.
Government Regulations Are Designed To Prevent Semi-Truck Driver Fatigue Accidents
The U.S. Department of Transportation and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulate the Hours of Service truck drivers can spend behind the wheel, but violations occur every day and their negligence can lead to severe injuries to other drivers.
The Hours of Service regulations are very clear, and state there is a maximum of:
- 14 hours on duty from the start of their shift through the end of their work shift
After 14 hours on duty, all truck drivers must take ten full hours off before beginning a new shift behind the wheel of a semi-truck.
- 11 hours of actual drive time is permitted during the 14-hour maximum shift
Rest time is required to be taken during the 14 hours on duty, to account for three hours of the truck driver’s actual shift time.
- Eight hours of drive time is permitted before a mandatory 30-minute rest break
- 60 hours of on-duty truck driving time are permitted during seven consecutive days
- 70 hours of on-duty truck driving time are permitted during eight consecutive days
Unfortunately, many drivers are falsifying their driver logs, and avoiding sleep to deliver more goods, and get paid for more miles and more time. When exhausted truck drivers are behind the wheel, they are jeopardizing the safety of everyone else on the road, and our Las Cruces, New Mexico truck driver fatigue accident lawyer wants to hold them responsible for their negligence when a truck accident occurs because of their recklessness.
Las Cruces, New Mexico Truck Driver Fatigue Accidents Are Preventable
When truck drivers are trying to beat the clock to deliver goods on time, or are racing home to their families after a long haul, they often avoid sleep to make up time.
Truck drivers who avoid sleep can create serious risks for other motorists who share the roadways with the exhausted hauler who may be:
- Distracted by the excitement of drawing near the end of the trip
- Dozing off behind the wheel
- Driving aggressively to meet a deadline or to get home
- Driving under the influence of substances that assist in keeping them awake, including illegal drugs, over the counter medications, and pep pills sold at truck stop and gas stations
When exhausted truck drivers get behind the wheel of an 18-wheeler that can weigh up to 80,000 pounds, an accident can cause critical injuries and even death. Our truck accident attorney in Las Cruces, New Mexico wants to help you and your family hold the sleepless truck driver financially responsible for the crash.
Our New Mexico truck accident law firm also focuses on the following practice areas:
- Fatal Truck Accidents
- Injuries From Truck Accidents
- Truck Defects
- Truck Driver Error
- Trucking Company Liability
- Why Semi Accidents Are So Different
Investigating Truck Driver Fatigue Accidents In Las Cruces, New Mexico
Our experienced Las Cruces, New Mexico truck driver fatigue accident attorney at The Law Office of Samuel I. Kane P.A. knows you will have a lot of questions after being injured in a crash with an 18-wheeler.
Even when you know that a truck driver’s negligence caused your accident and injuries, we must prove that it is the case to pursue the financial recovery you deserve for your crash.
We will aggressively pursue your case, and the truck driver, by investigating each detail of your crash, including:
- Reviewing the truck driver’s logbooks and pick-up and delivery schedules
- Preserving evidence from the collision site
- Interviewing witnesses from the scene
- Ordering a review of the driver’s employment records, including drug tests and driving records
- Evaluating satellite monitoring devices to determine the actual truck activity
There are many negligent details in your truck accident case that can be uncovered by partnering with law enforcement officials, accident reconstruction experts, and medical professionals that will allow us to build a superior case against the truck driver who caused your crash.
The sooner our Las Cruces, New Mexico truck driver fatigue accident lawyer can evaluate your unique drowsy truck driver accident case, the better chance we have at preserving evidence that will bolster your case and increase our positive results.
Contact Our Truck Driver Fatigue Accident Lawyer In Las Cruces, New Mexico Today For A Free Consultation
If you have been involved in a crash with an exhausted truck driver, contact our Las Cruces, New Mexico truck driver fatigue accident lawyer today at (575) 222-0472 to schedule a free consultation. At The Law Office of Samuel I. Kane P.A., we are available 24 hours a day, and we will never charge you or your family any legal fees until we recover a settlement or jury verdict on your behalf. That’s our promise: No recovery, no fee.