Truck Accident Attorneys in Grants, New Mexico
At the Law Office of Samuel I. Kane P.A., our truck accident lawyers in Grants, New Mexico build customized cases for each of our clients, so our city’s nearly 9,200 residents know that if they are hurt in a crash with an 18-wheeler, we are here to help.
Our Cibola County semi-truck crash attorney focuses on designing strong cases that prove our clients’ accidents were the fault of a negligent party, whether it was the truck driver, the trucking company, the manufacturer, or a third party.
Why Are There So Many Truck Accidents In Grants, New Mexico?
The trucking industry is responsible for a large part of the United State’s commerce, and transports 70% of all freight moved throughout the nation. The National Transportation Safety Board lists that the trucking industry accounts for $727 billion annually in the United States.
What Are The Most Common Causes of Grants, NM Truck Accidents?
The FMCSA and its Hours of Service Regulations are designed to keep exhausted drivers off our Grants, New Mexico roadways, but violations continue to occur when drivers are running late or when their employers require them to keep going — to pad their revenue stream.
Exhausted truck drivers are negligent in their duties, and when they cause an accident, they must be held responsible for the damage they cause.
But they are not the only ones.
At the Law Office of Samuel I. Kane P.A., our Truck Accident Lawyers in Grants, NM represents individuals and families who have been hurt by many negligent trucking industry parties and can do the same for your case to ensure you are getting the best recovery amount you deserve for your unique circumstances.
Other common causes of Grants truck accidents can include:
- The truck driver, if the accident is caused by:
- Impaired driving, including drug or alcohol use
- Failure to yield, stop or obey traffic signs and signals
- Reckless driving, including speeding
- The trucking company, and their negligence in:
- Avoiding maintenance procedures and timelines
- Employing underqualified drivers, or failing to provide adequate training
- Failure to conduct physical exams, or drug and alcohol testing regularly
- Non-compliance with service hour regulations
- Truck manufacturer, if they:
- Fail to recall defective truck parts
- Knowingly deliver a vehicle with existing defective parts
- The shipper or loader of improperly loaded cargo or hazardous materials
What Is The Total Cost Associated With Truck Accidents In Grants, NM?
Throughout the United States, the Centers for Disease Control calculates the crash-related deaths in the United States.
Last year, those figures reflected:
- $44 billion in medical costs and work losses
- $433 of that total was allotted to the State of New Mexico
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety statistics lists the total costs associated with truck accidents last year at:
- $112 billion in property damage, injury, and death
At the Law Office of Samuel I. Kane P.A., our truck accident lawyers in Grants, New Mexico will fully outline your financial requirements, so you can focus on the future.
Those recovery options may include:
- Lost wages
- Medical expenses
- Expense reimbursement for prescriptions and medical devices
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation services
- Full or partial disability
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Property damage
Contact Our Grants Truck Accident Lawyers for a Free Consultation
At the Law Office of Samuel I. Kane P.A., our truck accident attorney in Grants, New Mexico provides free consultations by calling (575) 222-0472, so you can get the answers you need to make an informed decision regarding your case. Contact us now to learn more, and to get the help you need.