Truck Accident Attorneys in Las Cruces, New Mexico
At the Law Office of Samuel I. Kane P.A., our truck accident lawyers Las Cruces, New Mexico focuses on providing the legal representation our injured clients need, so they can begin rebuilding their lives without financial worry.
Each of our 102,000 residents may never know how quickly a Doña Ana County truck accident can change their lives until it happens to them or someone they love. The cost, pain, and overall damages that accompany a Las Cruces semi-truck crash can place you in serious financial trouble. And we want to help you get your life back by holding the negligent party responsible for your financial recovery.
Why Are There So Many Las Cruces Truck Accidents?
Our Las Cruces, New Mexico economy is built on education, medical, and government agencies that allow our residents to thrive through trusted employment opportunities.
The largest employers in Las Cruces, New Mexico include:
- Doña Ana Community College
- Gadsden Independent Schools
- New Mexico State University
- Las Cruces Public Schools
- Memorial Medical Center
- Doña Ana County
- City of Las Cruces
- NASA White Sands Test Facility
- New Mexico Corrections Department
- White Sands Missile Range
At the Law Office of Samuel I. Kane P.A., our Las Cruces truck accident attorneys understand just how reliant some of our largest employers’ successes are on the trucking industry, and the strength they can enforce after an accident occurs by employing some of the largest law firms in the state.
We will not back down from an insurance company, their representatives, or any attorney who represents a negligent party from taking responsibility for their clients’ actions. We will fully develop each case we take to ensure we are pursuing the best outcome available for each of our client’s unique cases.
Our Las Cruces, New Mexico truck accident law firm also focuses on the following practice areas:
- Driver Fatigue
- Fatal Truck Accidents
- Injuries From Truck Accidents
- Truck Defects
- Truck Driver Error
- Trucking Company Liability
- Why Semi Accidents Are So Different
What Does It Take To Become A Truck Driver In Las Cruces, NM?
Truck drivers are held to a different licensing standard than passenger vehicle drivers.
The U.S. Department of Transportation and the branch that regulates the trucking industry, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, provides the requirements necessary to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License, which includes:
- Being over 21 years of age
- The ability to drive across state lines
- Having no prior disqualifying criminal offenses
- Passing a road skills test
- Clearing a medical examination
- Successfully undergoing a knowledge and skills test
When trucking companies hire truck drivers who do not pass each of these requirements, they are negligent in their onboarding practices and can be held responsible for our client’s truck accident injuries and recovery.
What Are The Common Causes of Las Cruces Truck Accident Injuries?
Getting hurt in a truck accident can change your life. Your injuries are going to require unique care, and the amount of time it takes to heal will differ for each victim. At the Law Office of Samuel I. Kane P.A., our Las Cruces truck accident attorney will outline your exact needs, to ensure you are never paying out of pocket for injuries caused by a negligent truck driver.
Negligent truck drivers are commonly the main cause of semi-truck crashes, whose actions can include:
- Becoming distracted by GPS equipment, phones, or other electronic devices
- Driving recklessly and make illegal maneuvers
- Exceeding the speed limit
- Failing to get enough sleep
- Failing to maintain safe maintenance practices
- Failing to yield or stop according to the rules of the road, signage, or traffic lights
- Overcorrecting or losing control of the truck from high lane shifting
- Refusing to follow the required resting periods
- Traveling too closely to the vehicle in front of them
- Using drugs or alcohol behind the wheel
Contact the Las Cruces, NM Truck Accident Lawyers For A Free Consultation
When negligence is a factor in your semi-truck crash injuries, contact our Las Cruces, New Mexico truck accident attorneys at the Law Office of Samuel I. Kane P.A. today at (575) 222-0472 for a free consultation.