Truck Accident Attorneys in Artesia, New Mexico
At the Law Office of Samuel I. Kane P.A., our Artesia, New Mexico truck accident attorneys represent our Eddy County residents after they have been injured in a traffic collision to ensure their rights are protected — and that they have the ability to recover the financial resources they need to get the medical care they deserve.
Artesia, New Mexico’s Economy Relies On Heavy Truck Traffic
Artesia, New Mexico has a leading oil and gas industry, which means heavy truck traffic is constant on our roadways.
The Navajo Refinery, located on the corners of 1st and Main streets, brings large trucks to the forefront of our traffic patterns, and the refinery is not alone. Agriculture and dairy serve as large parts of our economic stability, which requires large truck traffic too.
Our over 11,000 residents deserve the steady incomes these industries provide, but they do not deserve to be hurt in truck accidents in Artesia, due to the truck driver, trucking company, or third-party negligence.
Some of the large employers that require semi-truck traffic for their economic stability include:
- Wilbanks Trucking Services
- Concho Resources
- EOG Resources
- HollyFrontier Corporation
- Mack Energy Corporation
At the Law Office of Samuel I. Kane P.A., our Artesia truck accident attorneys will provide the confidence you need to face any large company in court to ensure your interests are always protected.
How Many People Are Hurt or Killed In Truck Accidents In New Mexico Each Year?
At the Law Office of Samuel I. Kane P.A., our truck accident attorneys in Artesia, NM have represented individuals and families who have suffered severe injuries after enduring an accident with a semi-truck. And these trucking accidents are more common than the negligent parties would like to admit.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration:
- Nearly 111,000 people were injured in large-truck crashes last year throughout the U.S.
According to the Federal Motor Carrier and Safety Administration:
- 73% of people killed in large-truck accidents were occupants of other vehicles
- 4,050 people died in large-truck accidents across the U.S. last year
- 79% of all fatal large-truck accidents occurred on a weekday
- More than 16% of large-truck drivers involved in fatal accidents had one or more prior speeding convictions
Our Artesia, New Mexico truck accident law firm also focuses on the following practice areas:
- Driver Fatigue
- Fatal Truck Accidents
- Injuries From Truck Accidents
- Truck Defects
- Truck Driver Error
- Trucking Company Liability
- Why Semi Accidents Are So Different
In the State of New Mexico last year:
- There were 474 traffic accident fatalities; 66 of those deaths were the result of large-truck crashes
When someone is killed in a large-truck accident, their family has the right to pursue a wrongful death claim against the responsible party.
The representative seeking a wrongful death claim in New Mexico can be the deceased’s family member, and are prioritized by the court in the following order:
- Spouse, if there are no children
- Spouse and children, with the settlement distributed accordingly
- Children, when there is no living spouse
- Grandchildren, when there is no living spouse or children
- Parents, when there is no living spouse, children, or grandchildren
- Siblings, when there is no living spouse, children, grandchildren, or parents
The financial recovery can include:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Medical expenses accumulated before death
- Loss of financial contribution to the home
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of inheritance
- Pain and suffering, including mental anguish
In the State of New Mexico, the statute of limitations on filing a wrongful death claim is three years from the death date of the person’s death. If you have lost an integral part of your family in an accident, contact our Artesia truck accident lawyers today to understand your rights.
Contact The Artesia, NM Truck Accident Attorney For a Free Consultation Today
If you have been injured in a truck accident, or have lost a loved one because of a truck crash, contact Artesia truck accident lawyers at the Law Office of Samuel I. Kane P.A. today at (575) 222-0472 to schedule a free consultation. You do not have to face the truck driver, trucking company, or their insurance company and corporate attorneys alone. We will provide the skill and legal precision you need to pursue results.