What are the Main Causes of Semi-Truck Rollover Accidents in New Mexico?
At the Law Office of Samuel I. Kane, P.A., our truck accident attorneys in Las Cruces know that there are multiple ways semi-trucks can become involved in a crash with passenger vehicles and that more often than not, the outcome is devastating for the people in the much smaller cars, trucks, or SUVs.
Here is what our Dona Ana County residents need to know about these damaging accidents, and what they can do to pursue the negligent party that caused the crash.
What are the Major Causes Of Semi-Truck Rollover Accidents in New Mexico?
When a large vehicle that can potentially weigh up to 80,000-pounds topples over on our highways, rural roads, or city streets, people are going to get hurt or killed.
Common causes of semi-truck rollover accidents may include:
- Drowsy driving
- Not obeying traffic signs or signals
- Impaired driving
- Improperly loaded or overloaded cargo
- Mechanical errors
- Swerving recklessly
- Unsafe turns
Our skilled Las Cruces truck accident attorneys will investigate the crash that caused your injuries to decide whether it was the truck driver, trucking company, or another third party including cargo loaders was liable for the crash, so we may pursue the proper person, party, or combination of each for your full financial recovery.
What Should I Do After Being Injured in a Semi-Truck Accident in New Mexico?
If you are able, and your injuries allow, take the following steps to ensure you get the help you need.
- Move to safety and away from the flow of traffic
- Call the authorities and send first responders to the scene
- Request a copy of the police report
- Obtain the contact, driver’s license, registration, and insurance information of all parties involved
- Document the accident in photos, videos, and writing
- Seek medical treatment right away
- Contact our skilled truck accident attorneys in Las Cruces for help
Contact Our Skilled Team of Truck Accident Attorneys in Las Cruces Today
If you have been hurt in a truck accident in New Mexico, contact our truck accident lawyers in Las Cruces at the Law Office of Samuel I. Kane by calling 575-526-5263 to schedule a free consultation, so we can review the circumstances of your truck crash injuries and begin building your case for success.